Click any subject to reveal details on the topic.
As of June 1, 2007, our holds, checkouts, and renewals have changed to fit CLEVNET rules. Please review below for new limits.
- Children under 18 years old must have a parent/guardian signature for a card (parent must be present at time of application)
- Valid Photo ID and proof of Ohio residence
- New users cards are temporary status for 2 months and limited to 6 checkouts, 10 holds and 3 overdue items. For temporary status to be removed, the account must be clear of overdue items.
- Lost cards are $1.00 to replace.
|Audio Books (Cassette, Playaway, & CD)||3 Weeks|
|Music CDs||3 Weeks|
|Videos & DVDs||1 Week|
|New Books||2 Weeks|
|New Audio Books (Cassette, Playaway, & CDs)||2 Weeks|
|New Music CDs||2 Weeks|
|New DVDs||1 Week|
|Teacher Totes (Only at Berlin Library)||2 Weeks (only 1 renewal)|
|Backpacks (Only at Berlin Library)||1 Week (NO renewals)|
|Videos that go along with Teacher Totes (Only at Berlin Library)||3 Days (NO renewals)|
If you need to renew items that you have borrowed, please feel free to call your library, renew online, or stop in and see us!
We have a “no holds” collection to keep our materials available for our patrons. This means all of our new items (for 3 months), our children’s holiday items, and our children’s learning kits will not accept holds.
“No holds” items are left available for our patrons to browse and check out in the library.
If you want to place an item on hold, you still do that through the library’s catalog. The item will be sent from another library.
You can place up to 100 items on hold. When an item comes in, we will hold it for 1 week.
Items can be renewed only if there are no holds on the item and only for the number of renewals listed below:
BOOKS – 5 RENEWALS
AUDIO BOOKS (CASSETTE AND CD) – 5 RENEWALS
MUSIC CDs – 5 RENEWALS
MAGAZINES – 2 RENEWALS
VIDEOS AND DVDs – 2 RENEWALS
ALL NEW ITEMS – NO RENEWALS
Milan-Berlin Library District is a fine free library system, so no fines will accumulate for overdue Milan-Berlin materials. Patrons will, however, be charged for lost items. Non-Milan-Berlin materials will also continue to accrue fines as designated by their home libraries.
Library cards must have less than $10.00 in fines to be considered “in good standing.”
If you are having difficulties renewing your borrowed items online, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The item’s renewal limit has been met. Please review above for limits.
- Another CLEVNET patron has put a request/hold on the item. It may not be from your home library. It could be another patron from any other library in the CLEVNET system.
- The item is overdue. If the item is overdue, you are considered delinquent and therefore cannot renew online.
- You had the item interlibrary loaned. If the loaning library does not allow renewals, you may not be able to renew online.
- Your library card is delinquent in some way. You may have fines, overdue items, too many requests/holds, renewal limits are over, or too many items out at one time.
Beginning JANUARY 13, 2014 the following prices for services will be in effect:
(Black & White Only)
Letter, One-Sided –$0.10 per page
Legal, One-Sided – $0.25 per page
11 x 17, One-Sided – $0.50 per page
(Letter Size Only)
Black & White – $0.10 per page
Color – $0.25 per page
Incoming or Outgoing – $1.00 per page
PRICES ARE NONNEGOTIABLE
NO FREE SERVICES
ELLISON DIE-CUT MACHINE
For your convenience, Ellison die-cut machines with multiple dies are available for public use at both locations. Patrons must provide their own paper. Only paper ( construction paper, copy paper, wallpaper, tissue paper and poster board), foam and felt may be used. No other materials may be used. The library takes no responsibility for injuries sustained while using the machine.
MEETING ROOM POLICY
The Milan Public Library now has two public meeting spaces. Those residing in the Edison Local School District may use the Milan Public Library Meeting Room or the Milan Public Library Community Room by completing an application prior to use. Individuals interested in using our community spaces may pick up an application at the Milan Public Library Help Desk or the Berlin Public Library Help desk. Please return completed applications to the Milan Public Library.
COMMUNITY ROOM MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 167
MEETING ROOM MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 33
BOOK AND AV DONATION POLICY
The Library and the Friends of the Library appreciate the donation of books and media items, but because of a rash of unusable material, we request that further donations be in new or gently used condition. Please no old reference books or encyclopedias.